Sun's use of GPL and/or debian source

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:05:03 -0700

begin Alan DuBoff quotation:

> This got me to thinking about what implications there would be for Sun
> to do such a thing, and they are obviously within the restrictions of
> the GPL to do so, as they are providing the source changes that they
> made, but it seems wrong.

Can you be more specific?  Is there a specific GPL provision you think
is being controvened?

> Even though they are probably within their restrictions of the GPL
> code, it seems like they're raping debian for the use of their source
> for their proprietary OS.

Wait, are you saying they're complying with the licence, or are you
saying they are _not_ complying with the licence?  Please elucidate.

rick@linuxmafia.com       modern-American-English-usage-improvement association