August meeting suggestion

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:48:58 -0700

begin Mike Markley quotation:

> Anyway, I've updated it to the new location... and on a similar note does
> anyone know of an online mapping site that's actually open enough for the
> implied approval that linking from bad brings? :P

My personal strategy is to pull down a map with the exact destination
marked (as with http://linuxmafia.com/bale/map-callug-lavals.jpeg) and
with major landmarks/roads included, convert it to JPEG (no GIFs on my
server until 2002-12-08), and then post it alongside driving / transit /
parking instructions.

Some people don't like to do that, because they say the users like to
use the dynamic mapping services to generate directions.  I consider
those auto-generated directions redundant to (and not as good as) my
own.

rick@linuxmafia.com       modern-American-English-usage-improvement association