Next monthly get-together

Tony Godshall togo@of.net
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:13:28 -0700

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:21:15PM +0000, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 04:16:14PM -0700, Mike Markley wrote:
> > So, I managed to miss the last get-together... Any ideas now on where we'll
> > do August's? In the City again? Let's get some ideas out... :)
>
> Heh, my vote is south bay, somewhere from San Jose to Mountain View...
> SF and East Bay snobs.

Colma?  Fremont?  That's the end of the civilized world 8P .
If its a reasonable bike ride from a BART stop, I'm there.

Actually I'd hit a meeting in the South Bay proper too- at
least once anyway- it's an excuse to buy toys at Fry's.
((I need a new Duron motherboard this time.  And maybe a CD
burner. And some 802.11b's.  Damn.  Ouch!  Falls to the
ground, pocket in flames))

So anyways, how many Debianites are there in the South Bay?
You'd think the People's Republics of Berkeley and San
Francisco would be the true breeding grounds for el software
libre, while SV would seem to be IP country.

((So why does Spanish distinguish between libre and gratis,
while in English we have to talk about speech and beer?))

((And I of course mean IP as in property, not as in protocol))

--
Tony