A listadmin's plea.....

Kysh debkysh@lapdragon.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:11:26 -0700

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:00:39PM -0700, Mike Markley wrote:
> The change I've made to my headers is a perfectly common setup (*and* the
> original intent of the Reply-To: header). Now how would you know to send
> replies to the write place if the bad list munged that header?

Because if I'm replying to a list post, I want the reply to go to the list.
Plain and bloody simple. I don't care what headers you modify, I don't care
about your headers at all, except your in-reply-to header.

> There are informal standards for handling list followups - Mail-Copies-To,
> Mail-Followup-To. Mutt knows about one and can easily be set to generate the
> other, and will Do The Right Thing(tm) depending on whether you "r"eply or
> "L"ist reply. No guessing about what you want, and the aforementioned
> headers convey my wishes as far as getting Cc's of list messages.

Again, this is a horrid kludge.

> In otherwords, there are much better solutions than destroying headers that
> the sender may have placed there for a reason :).

Like ignoring them altogether.

-Kysh
--
|  'Life begins at 120kias' - http://www.lapdragon.org/flying  |