Need advocate

Mike Markley mike@markley.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:53:41 -0700

Seconded... if Appalachian-Americans (euphemism for hillbillies ;) are
associated with that word people might quit ribbing me about it when they
find out I grew up in Texas...

Of course, half of my father's side of the family are all from the Virginia/
West Virginia area, but somehow the Texas redneck/cowboy jokes seem much
more appealing to most folks than the hillbilly ones... and so far I've only
gotten a single joke about hassenpfeffer from my mother's German heritage...
I guess Texans are just a more popular target :).

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 09:49:49PM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre@deirdre.net> spake forth:

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9