Ian Jackson in San Francisco this weekend (~ 6th April)

Tony Finch dot@dotat.at
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 22:38:49 +0100

In article <20010406125355.G418@zork.net> you write:
>begin  Sean 'Shaleh' Perry quotation:
>> the pub we met at a month or two back is nice.  How far is that from
>> Ian?
>
>	Well, given that I walked there from my previous apartment
>(which was a few blocks away from Ian), it's not that far.  It's
>walking distance from the embarcadero BART and metro station, and Ian
>can ride one metro stop if it's too far for him to walk.

Ian won't mind walking afew blocks. What bar are you talking about?

>> I would like a pub/bar kind of atmosphere, but do not let me control
>> the group.
>
>	Well, I'll agree that it's a good idea.

Ditto.

>                                                The Thirsty Bear
>has terrible acoustics, and is often rather busy.  It might be a good
>place to meet, but it doesn't provide a good sustained discussion
>environment.

I agree. The SF Brewing Co. sounded like a good suggestion to me.

>	It may be easiest for folks to meet at the W lobby and just
>venture forth from there.

That sounds like a reasonable idea. What sort of time? 18:30?

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@dotat.at>
TYNE DOGGER FISHER: CYCLONIC 3 OR 4 BECOMING NORTHERLY 5 TO 7 IN TYNE AND WEST