OpenSales: RFP to Debianize AllCommerce

Karsten M. Self karsten@opensales.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:43:13 -0700

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

			    Request for Proposal

We wish to "Debianize" our AllCommerce package to make it meet the
packaging and policy requirements for inclusion in the Debian GNU/Linux
software distribution and derived products.  We are requesting the
assistance of the Debian and AllCommerce developer communities in doing
this.  This is a solicitation for paid development.  We anticipate this
to be at most several days of work.

OpenSales, Inc. is the leading provider of open source e-commerce
applications. The San Mateo-based company is the developer of OpenSales
AllCommerce(tm) and OpenSales Retailer(tm).=20

AllCommerce is a Perl-based program licensed under the GNU GPL.  It
requires a webserver and Perl-DBI supported RDBMS, currently supported
are Apache and MySQL.  It is available for download at:
http://www.opensales.org/html/source.shtml

Deliverables for this contract are to include ".deb" format packaging of
OpenSales AllCommerce(tm), including dependency, pre-installation, and
post-installation processing.  Sufficient installation shall unpackage
AllCommerce and allow for our existing configuration script
"configure.pl" to make additional post-installation configurations. =20

The packaging need *not* configure the product out of the box, but
should provide for the existing configuration utility and/or methods to
be used to complete AllCommerce configuration.

We would prefer work to be completed by 21 September 2000.

All software, related executable and/or support programs, files, and/or
documentation developed in the course of this project which are included
in the final distribution are to be licensed under the terms of the GNU
GPL.

To respond to this request, please:

   - Indicate time line, availability date, projected completion time,
     and total project cost at market billable rates.

   - Indicate an initial assessment of any technical or architectural
     changes to the AllCommerce product which may be required to meet
     Debian packaging and/or policy guidelines.

   - Include technical references to employer(s) or prior consulting
     customers, with phone and email contact information.

   - Include a listing of any Debian packages you currently maintain.

preferred.

Please submit all proposals no later than 5:00 pm PDT, Friday,
September 8, 2000 (early submissions are encouraged!), to:

    Karsten M. Self, Director of Evangelism
    <karsten@opensales.org>

    OpenSales, Inc.
    1528 S. El Camino Real
    San Mateo, CA 94402
    (650) 358-7754
    (650) 286-9541 (fax)

technical specificity, and technical references.
--=20
Karsten M. Self (karsten@opensales.com)
    Director of Evangelism, OpenSales, Inc.
GPG fingerprint:  6717 764D 9EA1 B3D2 44D9  FBE2 06F8 CA8A C65F 7D0C

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--