[sonic.general,sonic.os.unix,sonoma.general] [NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Colin Marquardt colin@marquardt-home.de
08 Nov 2000 20:22:19 -0800

--=-=-=

Hi,

I thought some of you might be interested in OpenNMS. O'Reilly is in
Sebastopol, of course, directions are on the website www.nblug.org.

Cheers,
  Colin

--=-=-=

From: Dustin Mollo <dustin@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: sonic.general,sonic.os.unix,sonoma.general
Subject: [NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 02:37:42 GMT

Greetings all!

For those interested in the nitty-gritty, here it is.  Read further for the
gory details.

The short of it:
WHO: Steve Giles of OpenNMS.org
WHERE: O'Reilly & Associates
WHEN: November 14th, 2000 - 7:30PM PST SHARP!!

The long of it:
It's that time again.  The NBLUG General Meeting is almost here.  This month
we have a very special guest.  His name is Steven Giles from OpenNMS.org.
OpenNMS.org is a company that is working on an Open Source network
management platform.  The idea is to eventually end up with an Open Source
product similar to HP's OpenView.  OpenView allows a network administrator
to configure SNMP capable devices, track network statistics and stay
informed of network events such as machine crashes, bandwidth problems and
security incidents.

This event should appeal to a lot of folks - not just those running Linux.
The OpenNMS.org software runs on several platforms since it's written in
Java.  So, if you know folks interested in networking and network management,
be sure to pass on this announcement to them.

One of NBLUG's promises to the OpenNMS.org folks was that we'd have a good
sized crowd.  Seeing as how we have a lot of people on this announcement
list, that shouldn't be a difficult task.  If you passed this on to at least
one other person you think may be interested, that would ensure a great
turnout.  Steve will be flying out from the East Coast just to talk to us.
I do believe this is the furthest someone has traveled to meet with us.

Directions, as always, are on our website.  I look forward to seeing you all
there!  Remember, be sure to get to the meeting early, as we stop handing
out tickets for our door prize drawing once the meeting has started!  We
also ask that people who have won at the previous meeting to NOT take a
ticket so that we can get goodies to as many folks as possible.

-Dustin

--
Founder & President
The North Bay Linux Users' Group