Bay Area Visit

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:52:57 -0800

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> Sounds good to me. What is accessablity from Caltrain or other public
> transit like?

CalTrain to the Menlo Park station.  SamTrans route 295 "San Mateo -
Menlo Park Caltrain Feeder" "northbound" [sic] from the station
(technically, corner of Merrill & Santa Cruz about two miles west on
Santa Cruz Avenue and Avy to the corner of Alameda de las Pulgas (not a
scheduled stop).  Unfortunately, the last "northbound" bus of the
evening leaves Merrill & Santa Cruz at 6:54 PM, arriving at Alameda
de las Pulgas around 7:00 sharp.

But you could walk around the corner to 2033 Sharon Road, and visit
me and Deirdre.  ICBM coordinates are at http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/

Alternatively, you could exit CalTrain at the downtown Palo
Alto/University Ave. station, and take SamTrans route 282 "Portola
Valley-Palo Alto CalTrain" westbound, get off at where Sand Hill
crosses Santa Cruz Ave., and walk north about 3/4 mile.  But the
last of those buses is even earlier, 5:32 PM.

Or, heck, if it's a nice day, you might enjoy the two miles west along
Santa Cruz Ave. from Menlo Park CalTrain.  Which is pleasant, if it's
not raining.

In any of those cases, I'm sure we'll be able to get you a ride back.

Best source of information on the (wretched) options for public transit
in this area:  http://www.transitinfo.org/

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association