Bay Area Visit

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:00:59 -0800

Quoting Chris Lawrence (cnlawren@olemiss.edu):

> On Mar 06, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > Count me in.  When and where?
> > On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > > Sounds like a Friday get together.
>
> I'm pretty flexible as far as location goes, though I guess somewhere
> in the peninsula would be best for all concerned (Palo Alto?  Further north?).

I can be selfish and suggest the Dutch Goose, a much-loved old beer & burger
joint around the corner from my new house in West Menlo Park (frequented
by many a Stanford student).

http://steamtunnels.net/community/stanford/restaurants/Dutch%20Goose.cfm
http://www.metroactive.com/dining/bars/metro/nhood.html

Classic roadhouse place, really.  Somewhat seedy, which is part of its
charm.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association