Bay Area transportation

Charles Jo charles@lrc.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:30:23 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01BF61A7.68D845A0

Which e-mail list is this?

-Charles

Charles Jo
Sr. Account Manager, Business Development
Lloyd-Ritter Consulting
A Personnel Group of America Company

                                 Phone: 650.964.6644 x133
                                   Fax: 650.964.8719
                                E-mail: charles@LRC.com
      FOR EMERGENCY ONLY:
              Cell/Pager: 650.868.0757
            E-mail Pager:
6508680757@paging.cellone-sf.com

Lloyd-Ritter Consulting is a leading supplier of Technical, Business,
Marketing, and Staffing services for Northern California.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bristel [mailto:targon@targonia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 7:58 AM
To: David Welton
Cc: bad@kitenet.net
Subject: Re: Bay Area transportation

The area isn't all THAT bad, the main difference is that a lot of the
benefits
that are normally associated with success come to those in their early
twenties,
not in their early 40's-early 50's the way it happens in most other parts of
the
country.  If you had a $50,000+/year job when you were only 21 years old,
what
would YOU be doing?  Not buying a house, but going out, and having fun.
Those
of us who are a bit older than these "young kids" don't flaunt it as much,
though we also arn't held back from buying new computers, cars, and so on.
As
for the public transportation situation, there has been a fairly major
effort to
correct the lack of a unified public transit system.  At the least, there
are
connections from BART, to ACE, to light rail, to Caltrain.  It still needs a
LOT
of work, but it's MUCH more difficult to fix this sort of problem after an
area
has already "grown up".

						Dave Bristel

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, David Welton wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:55:20 -0600
> From: David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org>
> To: bad@kitenet.net
> Subject: Bay Area transportation
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 12:52:55PM -0800, Nick Moffitt wrote:
>
> > 	You're definitely right.  The problem here is that you've got
> > like five gazillion transit agencies.  They're all at war with one
> > another, and they each fight to win over a regional jurisdiction.
>
> <rant>
>
> This whole area (the bay) has some serious problems, IMO.  Compared to
> Portland, Oregon, where I previously lived, it seems like kind of a
> dump.  Rampant corruption in politics, where money and influence reign
> over what is right (which is hard to figure out even without all the
> dirty games), the public transportation sucks...  Coming from the
> northwest, I'm also slightly disturbed by the way people deal with
> money.  Sure there are plenty of wealthy people up there, but few seem
> to flaunt it as is done here, with enormous houses, limos, very
> expensive restaurants, bars, clubs...
>
> </rant>
>
> Well, I'm off to Italy soon, with its own set of problems, but I'm
> looking forward to riding my bike again, being able to walk places,
> and eating well:-)
>
> Ciao,
> --
>   David N. Welton -+- davidw@prosa.it -+- http://www.efn.org/~davidw

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01BF61A7.68D845A0
	filename="Charles Jo.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Jo;Charles
FN:Charles Jo
ORG:Lloyd-Ritter Consulting;Consulting & Staffing Services
TITLE:Sr. Account Manager, Business Development
NOTE;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:=3D0D=3D0A
TEL;WORK;VOICE:650-964-6644 x133
TEL;CELL;VOICE:650-868-0757
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:650-868-0757
TEL;WORK;FAX:650-964-8719
TEL;HOME;FAX:650-964-8719
ADR;WORK:;;1043 N. Shoreline Blvd., Suite 101;Mountain View;CA;94043;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:1043 N. Shoreline Blvd., Suite =
101=3D0D=3D0AMountain View, CA 94043=3D0D=3D0AUSA
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://www.LRC.com
BDAY:19990717
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:charles@LRC.com