Bay Area transportation

David Welton davidw@master.debian.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:55:20 -0600

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 12:52:55PM -0800, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> 	You're definitely right.  The problem here is that you've got
> like five gazillion transit agencies.  They're all at war with one
> another, and they each fight to win over a regional jurisdiction.

<rant>

This whole area (the bay) has some serious problems, IMO.  Compared to
Portland, Oregon, where I previously lived, it seems like kind of a
dump.  Rampant corruption in politics, where money and influence reign
over what is right (which is hard to figure out even without all the
dirty games), the public transportation sucks...  Coming from the
northwest, I'm also slightly disturbed by the way people deal with
money.  Sure there are plenty of wealthy people up there, but few seem
to flaunt it as is done here, with enormous houses, limos, very
expensive restaurants, bars, clubs...

</rant>

Well, I'm off to Italy soon, with its own set of problems, but I'm
looking forward to riding my bike again, being able to walk places,
and eating well:-)

Ciao,
--
  David N. Welton -+- davidw@prosa.it -+- http://www.efn.org/~davidw