Debian Networking

Jonathan Jefferies jonathanj@allant.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:42:44 -0800

Don Marti wrote:

> /sbin/route and /sbin/ifconfig are in the netbase package.
> (So is /usr/sbin/traceroute.)
>
> If you already have netbase installed, ifconfig and route are probably
> just not in your PATH.  You might want to add something like
>
> PATH="$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin"
> export PATH
>
> to .bash_profile (in your home directory) so that next time you log
> in, it will be easier to run stuff out of /sbin and /usr/sbin

Thanks Don,

when I went looking for them last night they definitely weren't on
the machine.  And then I couldn't find them as specific packages
in a search of my cd's. Strangely I did find that ifconfig had been in /sbin at
one point.  Not at all sure how they got deleted.
Possibly I deleted them in some manic fit of cleaning.
But I will reinstall netbase and see if that corrects the problem.
Did find that Sunsite has them but only for redhat and mandrake.

J.

--
Jonathan Jefferies

Allant Software