Networking question

Jonathan Jefferies jonathanj@allant.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:33:13 -0800

Nick Moffitt wrote:

>         And ping is suid root (or you are running it as root)?

Yes, running as root.

>         Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to ask "What
> do ifconfig and route say?".

They look ok to my untrained eye.  The question I guess is to ask
what should the routing for the isp and the dns servers look like.
ifconfig show the PPP interface up and set as 0.0.0.0 (default ? no?)
and I don't remember all of what route indicates.

>         The only other thing I can think of is that if one of your
> boxes is in between your machine and the net, it might be refusing
> packets from this mysterious box that no longer reverses.

No other boxes between me and the isp.

Thanks for the thought.

J.