linuxworld brain dump (2)

Tom Lancaster tom@grubby.net
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:16:30 -0700

muchas gracias.
Having just started work at redhat, I was given an old machine and a
redhat cd. ( while waiting for my new dell box with dual head graphics
capability and two 21" monitors :-) )

The default desktop is either GNOME or KDE.
While these are very pretty, they are *extremely* slow in switching
between desktops.
The default fvwm2 setup is not bad, though, apart from the pink title
bars.

The installation was very easy with a hangover, but it favors redhat's
internal setup, with nfs and yp being standard and working...
blah. I'll tell ya all about it at LW.

Tom