GSM phones

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:01:56 -0700

Sudhakar Chandra wrote:

> I thought Wichert was referring to the money he made off of the VA IPO.  I
> assumed that Wichert had sold his share of the 140 stocks the first week
> after the IPO because VA stock was underwater last week. ;-)

Hehehe...don't remind me of my VA stock...<har!>

I have 140 shares I got on friends and family, it's worth about what I paid
for it...;-) However, my parents got friends and family and sold their shares
the first day, so they made out nicely.

I don't care if my VA stock is eventually worth nothing, although I would be
suprised if it was worth nothing. I don't want to sell it, as I feel that if
everyone sold their VA stock, the price would go down even more.

I liked working at VA and there are some great people and programmers over
there, the value of my 140 shares is not gonna help me retire any faster...

Now, my 3Com shares, which I have substantially more than VA friends and
family, now that could make a very big difference in my life...and I'm hoping
it does!<G> It's all a matter of how you look at things...

One of my colleagues bought "income" property...we all get a 1 year cash
incentive to stay around and finish our radio...so he bought rental property
close to his house.

Me, I'm buying "outcome" property...2 acres of lakefront property, 3 hours
away from Silicon Valley where I live...it's all a simple matter of knowing
our priorities...I will build a remote office (with house attached;-) that I
can retire to.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.