GSM phones

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:54:11 -0700

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Well, VA in this country exists in total of two full time employees plus
> me, and the other two don't have a Linux background so it's not totally
> unexpected. Someday when we have more people here we'll get them to
> switch :).

Ok, that makes more sense then...I didn't think they were in the NerdyLands.

Things change so fast...I haven't been there for quite a while, they found out
I didn't know $#!T and got rid of me. They dropped me like a hot potato.

> Surprisingly enough nobody in VA who uses netscape is running a kernel
> that isn't vulnerable to a root exploit, and netscape seems to be
> very popular. Power-uesrs seem to use mutt or xemacs, with the exception
> of Jeremy Allison who uses netscrape.

Yeah, I use Netscrape also...mainly because I know it's gonna be there on all
platforms I use, all the versions of unix/linux I use have it. I occasionaly
use mutt and sometimes pine, especially pine over a telnet/ssh link.

I have run Netscape over an ssh before, gosh it can take a while to
load!!!!<G>

It does work as long as you set the xhost before you try, adding localhost.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.

<sound of humor>
"The thing is, we're worth every penny of it!"
             Chris DiBona when VA stock was $250/share
</sound of humor>