[off topic] Sys admin job

Keith Beattie ksb@icds.org
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:22:41 -0800

Please forgive me for posting a job announcement here but I recently
started at a new job and we are in rather desperate need of a Unix
savvy sys-admin.

This is probably an increasingly typical situation at small software
companies: most of the developers want to run Linux while the rest of
the company are comfortable with Macs or Windows boxes.  We currently
have a very good NT administrator but we recently got a collection of
Solaris servers and us developers are itching to get Linux on our
desks and develop either on Linux or Solaris.  There are though a few
sys-admin hurtles which we as developers are not familiar enough to
jump over.  CVS, NFS, Samba, etc.  I know that these tools can be
configured to do amazing things (not the least of which is freeing me
from NT) but none of us have the time right now to investigate it all.

We need a Unix savvy sys-admin.  Possibly even part-time.

We are in San Francisco, and I can vouch that this is a very cool
place to work (having come from a large software company in Santa
Clara).

I'm not the one hiring the position but if you are interested, drop me
an email directly and I can refer you to the right people here.

Thanks again,
Keith