tactics for wednesday

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:34:17 -0800

[ This is intended mainly for those in the To line to I have listed as
actually helping with the booth tomorrow, but may be of general interest to
otherBAD subscribers. ]

First of all, a major thanks to everyone who made the debian booth happpen
tuesday. We had some organizational problems, but that was my fault;
everyone did a superb job at getting debian out in people's faces.

The major problem we had at the booth today was overcrowding. I'm going to
take a few measures to deal with it:

We're going to split tomorrow into two hour shifts. Due to booth crowding,
when you're not on shift, you won't be able to actually be in the booth -
standing across the hall is fine, as is exploring the expo or whatever else
you desire - have fun! Each of you will probably serve 2 to 3 shifts total -
it's up to you. I will handle shift division in person tomorrow - I'd still
like everyone to be at the booth at 9:30 am -- earlier if possible (I'll be
there at 6:30am - don't ask!).

Also, please do not bring personal belongings (backpacks, etc) to the booth
if you can possibly leave them in your car, motel, or home. If you are
bringing a laptop or other hardware, ignore this paragraph. :-) I don't want
to have the piles of belongings we had at the back of the booth on tuesday.
And absolutly *no* personal belongings should be brought in that do not fit
behind the curtians at the back of the booth (cannot be more than 1 foot
thick).

If you have a car, I want you to do me a favor: stop by a store on the way
to the expo and get a six-pack of your favorite caffenated drink. If
necessary, you can be reimbursed for this, but I want to get the drinks to
the booth before the expo starts. If you have a cooler and a car, bring the
cooler and leafe it in your car in the morning but let me know you have it.

The ajenda for tomorrow: we'll be playing music via the ultra-cool empeg
in-car mp3 player, which *runs debian now*. We'll give away half of the
debian cd's we held back on tuesday. We'll continue selling t-shirts, but
only to small people (all out of everything above medium size shirts...).
We'll continue scrolling the source code of debian and putting up eye-candy
and showing people the systems, and demoing some upgrades to slink.

See you tomorrow!

--
see shy jo