[Fwd: potato info]

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:35:40 +0000

Jim Franklin wrote:

> Hi Alan
>   Yes, only one sources.  In the sources.list wherever you see stable or
> slink replace it with potato.  I also used apt-get to upgrade my kernel
> from 2.0.36 to 2.2.9 (it cleared up some hardware problems) and it
> worked very nicely.  Have fun, its super cool.
>
> Jim

Thanks for sending the reply, I did see it earlier, but was busy working on
Red Hat, so couldn't look at it. Coincidentally, I change ISPs and it has been
a real pain transitioning my InterNIC info, it finally got changed over
tonight.

I still need to sort some stuff out as X isn't working at the moment and will
update some of it now.

Debian could use a better installer, it's something I might consider helping
out on, since I think it's one of the sore thumbs for Debian.

It would be nice to have a bootable install that wrapped a GUI around apt-get,
seems pretty doable, allowing a network install. FreeBSD does similar with
their install, although I've never used it, I've always installed FreeBSD from
a CD, as I did Debian with Hamm.

I'm thinking about contributing to such a group, if one exists. Any plans for
such, or does such a project exist already? Anybody know?

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.