helping wxWindows

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh@varesearch.com
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:02:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all, in case you have not heard there is this spiffy thing called wxWindows.
 It allows one to write a GUI in C++ that with a simple recompile will run w/ a
native look and feel on Windows (MFC) and UNIX (via GTK and soon QT).  There is
currently work on a Be and a Mac port.

I am interested because a nice mail app called Mahogany is being developed with
wxWindows.  This means that EVERYONE can use one mail app.  It even has Python
embedded so you can add modules and script code in Python that can talk to the
mail app and the wxWindows code as well.

Now Mahogany is being worked on by a Debian user (he will be a developer when
he gets around to it) so deb support is a goal.  However it needs help.  His
latest request is that someone with a Mac look into the wxMac port.  I have
access to a Mac thanks to a fellow employee but no copy of MetroWerks.  If
anyone knows where I might be able to umm... borrow a copy I would appreciate
it.

Mahogany: http://www.phy.hw.ac.uk/~karsten/Mahogany/

wxWindows: http://www.wxwindows.org

Thanks for your interest.