potato info

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 02:50:40 -0700

Rick Moen wrote:

> Poor ol' ymir has had yet another personality transplant:  It was
> FreeBSD 3.2 this morning, and it's Debian 2.1 again this evening.

I've been teeterin' between installing Debian or the Japanese version of
FreeBSD current. I need a Japanese version for my wife, she only needs to use
Communicator. Pacific High Tech only has version 4.07 of Communicator on their
shipping version of Turbo LinuxJ, and she's using 4.51 now on Win-95J.

I want to run Linux for her, but Japanese FreeBSD current has 4.51 in it.

Oddly, in Japan FreeBSD is much more popular than Linux. It's changing slowly
though, but the Japanese support is really good in FreeBSD.

Debian doesn't have Japanese (dbcs) support for it, does it?

--

Alan DuBoff - Conductor
Software Orchestration, Inc.