In SF from 25.6.-27.6.

Michael Neuffer neuffer@alpha.mz.rhein-main.de
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:22:27 +0200

* Dragon! (kysh@blackwolf.com) [990603 02:22]:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 01:56:57AM +0200, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> > * David Welton (davidw@master.debian.org) [990603 00:27]:

> > > Sure, I haven't actually seen it, and don't have any plans to see it
> > > in the immediate future, so I'd be more than willing.
> >
> > Great !
>
> When/where/why is this?

As the plan currently stands on the 26th of this month around 3 or 4 pm
some nice cinema in SF to watch Star Wars TPM.

As to the why: For me at least simply because I'm working in a madhouse
(well actually some also call it one of Germanys largest banks) and need
a timeout. And since I havn't been in the US since I left Oregon 2 years
ago, except for a short visit in Atlanta last October and like to do
stupid things from time to time (who else would fly over the Atlantic
just to see Star Wars :-) I thought this might be a good idea.

The other two friends that are comming with me are both Lufthansa flight
attendants. For Claudia this is a regular flight and actually this is
where the idea originated. "Claudia is flying to SF with a day layover,
why not fly with her and watch Star Wars in the original version......"

For me this also opened the opportunity to maybe meet some of the Linux
and Debian community at the same time.

Already years ago Ralf Baechle (Mr. Linux/MIPS) and I always wanted to do a
"Ralf and Mike do America" Tour just like Lars did it once, but we never
had time to actually do it.

So now I am here and trying to get things organized a little.

Jens and I still need to find a place to sleep, since from here it looks
like all hotels and stuff are full. I would really appreciate it if somebody
could help us to find something where we could stay for those two nights.

TIA !

Mike