connection to ":0.0" refused by server

Chris Waters xtifr@dsp.net
14 Jul 1999 09:55:38 -0700

We're getting fairly non-Debian-related here -- might not this thread
be more appropriate on the SVLUG or BALUG lists?  (I'm only on the
former, however.)  But as long as I'm here...

Alan DuBoff <maestro@SoftOrchestra.com> writes:

> The fact that Red Hat allows this while nobody else does kinda
> bothers me. Now the opposite question, how can I prevent my Red Hat
> from doing that?

Depends on how they enabled it.  First and most obvious thing to try
is "xhost -".  That should disable all host-specific authorizations,
leaving only the more secure authorization mechanisms active.  If that
fails (or if it works, but you can't figure out how to make it
permanent), then perhaps we should continue this thread either in
private email or on svlug.

cheers