connection to ":0.0" refused by server

David Bristel targon@targonia.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

The reason this works under Redhat is that an su in redhat does NOT change your
UID the way it is supposed to.  It is never a good idea to allow other people to
open up apps on YOUR desktop, as this can lead to any number of
problems(including security).  Because of this, Debian will ONLY allow the owner
of the X session(and root) to open an X11 based app.

							Dave Bristel

And yes, that failure of Redhat to change the UID is yet another reason why I
refer to Redhat as RedHATE.