jsms: sendmail must die completes itself

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:30:27 -0700

Michael Higashi writes:

> On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Jonathan Walther wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I don't know how to convert a manpage to html
>
> /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-man2html <  rawmanpage.8 > formattedmanpage.html
>
> I've used before (but can't remember the name of) a tool that will
> convert manpages to plain text.

The low-end technique for doing this is, e.g.,

groff -man -Tascii /usr/man/man1/ls.1

though groff's definition of "ASCII" may not agree 100% with yours.  In
particular, you might want "tr -d '\008'" in a pipeline to get rid of
all these ^H characters that are used to create boldface in -Tascii
output.

Hey, if gnome-man2html works well enough, you could really even

gnome-man2html foo.3 > foo.html && lynx -dump foo.html && rm -f foo.html

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness