converting RPM to DEB

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 22:13:28 -0700

Jim Franklin wrote:

> Hi Alan
>   Are you looking in the wrong place?  GNOME and enlightenment are not
> in the non-free packages.  Follow the ftp below:
>
> ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/x11/

I don't think I'm looking in the wrong place, but I was using dselect, dpkg,
and apt-get, so in theory, I don't know where I (they) were looking!<G>

I'm sending this message from an updated E/GNOME/Communicator_4.61 and all is
fine now. I'm running in 1600x1200x32.

The only thing I don't see that I have on my Red Hat install is the integrated
KDE menus on GNOME, but thats no biggie as I don't typically use KDE anyways
and/or it's apps. kcalc is not a bad calculator though, it does base
conversions fairly well.

Thanks to Jo, Rick and yourself.

--

Alan DuBoff