FWD: LinuxWorld August .org Pavilion

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:54:27 -0700

----- Forwarded message from Jennifer_Almeida@idg.com -----

From: Jennifer_Almeida@idg.com
To: Granroth@kde.org, joey@kitenet.net, illiad@userfriendly.org,
        neil@copyleft.net, hemos@slashdot.org, dmurray@uniforum.org,
        gabe@stampede.org, pax@metrolink.com, scoop@freshmeat.net, ten@gnu.org,
        mark@timecity.org
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:38:47 -0400
Subject: LinuxWorld August .org Pavilion

Good day!

I know this is the email a lot of you have been waiting for...details
regarding your participation in the .org Pavilion, sponsored by Linux.com,
at LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, August 1999 in San Jose.  Thanks for your
patience.  I know you will not be disappointed with the update I have to
give you today.

There are a total of 13 participants in the pavilion this year.  You know
who you are, but in case you have forgotten on this steaming holiday
weekend I have listed them below:
   Free Software Foundation
   Debian
   KDE
   Stampede
   Slashdot.org
   Freshmeat
   User Friendly
   Themes.org
   x.org
   Copyleft
   GNOME
   Uniforum
   Time City

The pavilion will be “decorated” with a 70’s/psychedelic theme.  Bright
colors and funky patterns.  (Just a little inspiration from Austin Powers
and Donna Summer’s recent comeback).  We want the pavilion to have a very
open feel so there are no set draped dividers.  The area will be carpeted
in a black & white checkerboard.  The pavilion will also include 2 pinball
machines, a driving game and a fussball table!  There will also be a
prominent banner over the pavilion so that attendees can find their way to
the fun and excitement known as the “.org Pavilion”!!

Each participant has a space equivalent to a 10x10 booth, but without the
dividing drape.  You will have a Bubble Coach (seats 2 comfortably) and a
Bubble Chair and a coffee table in your space and an ID sign with your
organization’s name and logo, so people visiting know who you are.  You
will also receive one (1) electric drop of 500 watts, one (1) internet drop
with one (1) IP address.  If you require additional furniture/equipment for
your space needs you must order this on your own from Freeman – the
Exhibitor Manual is on its way to you.  Please feel free to contact me if
you have any questions or need assistance, 508.424.4833 or via my email
address.

I am presently finalizing the actual floorplan and will let you know your
placement within the pavilion as soon as I do.

I am looking forward to working with all of you in making this pavilion a
huge success!  I am sure we will be speaking a lot between now and the
event.  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or
need assistance, 508.424.4833 or jennifer_almeida@idg.com.

Have a fun and safe July 4th & stay cool!
See you in San Jose!!!

Jennifer Almeida
Exhibitor Services Coordinator

----- End forwarded message -----