Question from your debian posting

Jim Franklin jfranklin@etworld.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 14:24:12 -0700

Yes, they were.  I had a set of debian postings going here at the
ASULUG(Arizona State U linux users group) so I wasn't sure which posting
you were remarking on.  I used to be a member of PLUG the Phoenix Linux
Users Group(similar to your SVLUG) but the signal to noise ratio was a
little to high and they didn't have digests like SVLUG.  I'm trying to
learn as much about Debian GNU/linux as quickly as possible which is the
reason for my prolific question asking.  I show up on #debian as
cykick.  My background is chemical engineering.  I used to be a pretty
hot procedural progammer in numerical analysis back in the punch card
days.  Right now I'm working with mostly Java and Cobol in the database
areas with Oracle, PeopleSoft and a few others(check out etworld.com).

For funnsies I'm learning python, checking out ACEDB and postgresql
databases and learning (X)emacs with JDE by way of debian.

For Rick M., its Pacific time here until the fall when it becomes
Mountain time.  We don't have daylight savings here.

A pleasure to meet all you folks.  Thought I'd drop this line to all of
you since I can't really show up to meet all of you on pizza nights.

Debian GNU/linux rocks!

Jim Franklin