linuxworld update

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:43:09 -0800

Hello once more. Things have really been heating up with the preparations
for the expo...

* The new leader of Debian, Wichert Akkerman, will be in town for the expo
  (from the Nethernlands). He's looking for a place to stay. I still haven't
  heard anybody volenteering to let people lodge with them, it is becoming
  increasingly important that I get some volenteers for this.. So speak up..
* I am being shipped about 50 debian T-shirts, and will be selling them for
  $15 to you, $20 to the general public. I think these shirts are like the
  one I wear to all kinds of linux events here. Contect me if you're
  interested in buying one, I'd like to get some idea of demand so I can know
  if more need to be printed.
* Electricity, carpeting, and tables should be taken care of now. I'd still
  like 1 or 2 more chairs. The color scheme for the booth is going to be red
  and dark blue and white, see the nav bar at http://www.debian.org/ for the
  basic colors. We'll get drapes for the tables, I expect the chairs will
  stick out like sore thumbs, but that's ok. :-)
* We will *not* be getting a full booth display (this had been a possibility).
  We will get a banner though.
* Rafael Kitover is going to do some work on debian brochures.
* Sun's loaning us an Ultra for the booth.

I think that's about it -- not bad for 24 hours!

--
see shy jo