Circular init on SCSI adapter

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:50:48 -0700

Joey Hess wrote:

> Good greif, no. But those experimental disks will get you the 2.2.11 kernel.
> I'm very interested in reports of success or failure wirth them.

The rescue disk allowed me to install, then after I rebooted it hung, since it
had the 2.0.36 kernel loaded on it. My first attempt this morning wasn't
fruitful, I symlinked a /vmlinuz2 to the linux kernel from the floppy. I
changed lilo.conf and ran lilo so it pointed to it, but it hangs when it
brings up the LILO prompt, after it displays LI and I have seen others report
this problem before.

I think this is not a kernel issue as it hasn't gotten that far yet.

What were you good greifin' about Charlie Brown? 2.3.x kernel? I know several
people running it with good success. I would be happy to get 2.2.11 running on
this box. I've been running the 2.2.7 kernel, just because I haven't upgraded,
but 2.2.10 has a security patch in it, I should upgrade to 2.2.11 now.

Is the 2.2.11 in the debian tree? I'll have to dig around tonight, gotta run
to work now...

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.