BALUG meeting tomorrow

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan thaths@netscape.com
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:45:02 -0800

Joey Hess wrote:
> Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> > What is he going to talk about?
> I don't know. I hope something interesting about mozilla.org, possibly about
> what's going to be the resolt of the AOL+Netscape merger and his takes on
> it.

<My Opinion>
#include <stddisclaimer.h>

I think the AOL-Netscape merger will have no effect on Mozilla.  Even if
AOL decides to not fund Mozilla anymore, the community will gather
around and figure out a way to continue the effort.  Many unix vendors
depend on Mozilla / Netscape for a browser.  If AOL decides to stop
funding Mozilla (God forbid!) companies like IBM, HP, (and maybe) Sun
will step in and start funding the development.

</My Opinion>

> He's recently left netscape, IIRC, but still works on mozilla.org.

He has not left Netscape.  He just went on a Sabbatical.  Jamie is
employed by Netscape to work on the mozilla.org effort.

Thaths
--
"See, Marge.  Who needs a car wash when you can just drive around in
                 the rain?" -- Homer J. Simpson