Keysigning (Wed., by UDS, before BAD meeting, ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue May 8 17:26:30 PDT 2012

As (also) mentioned earlier[1], there will be keysigning by UDS[2],
prior to the BAD meeting (but note that the keysigning is not at the BAD
meeting location - though they're only a few blocks or so apart ... of
course that doesn't prohibit/prevent folks from doing keysigning at BAD,
but this month there's almost certainly much more opportunity by UDS
prior to the BAD meeting).  Note also that this isn't to be confused
with other keysigning party[3] also happening at UDS on Thursday.

So, Wednesday 2012-05-09 keysigning, prior to BAD:

Where: Oakland Convention Center, meet very close to intersection of
10th and Washington Streets, just inside doors of Oakland Convention
Center, just inside 10th St. side of the building there, and
immediately opposite of Washington Street.
Spot me/us: look for keysigning sign(s) and/or BAD sign(s) (and any
updates thereupon to indicate yet more precise location).

When: 6:05 P.M. until 6:45 P.M. (at about 6:45 P.M. we'll head out to
the BAD meeting[1], a fairly short walk away)

Keysigning protocol: the basic government issued ID and little strips of
paper (or business cards), having on them for key(s): key fingerprint,
and generally name, key ID, key type and length, and optionally any
other bits that might be important or particularly handy (email, any
specific instructions/hints, etc.)

Biglumber keyring?  Might do that, to possibly make gathering/signing
keys a bit easier.  (watch this space (BAD list) for updates).  I'll at
least add the event(s) on there shortly.

And then there's the BAD meeting, following, at 7:00 P.M., as noted
earlier[1].

footnotes/references:
1. http://bad.debian.net/list/2012-April/003491.html
    :%s/keysinging/keysigning/g