ANNOUNCEMENT: Bay Area Debian meeting at Henry's Hunan Restaurant (SOMA location), SF, January 12th @ 7PM

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at princessleia.com
Wed Jan 5 21:48:21 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

On Wednesday, January 12th at 7PM we'll be having a casual Bay Area
Debian dinner meeting at:

Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma Street (between Mission and Howard, off of New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-546-4999

This is the SOMA location where we have had past meetings (there are 2
other locations in the city). Reservations will be made under "Bay
Area Debian" on our table we'll have little stuffed Squeeze (alien)
and Wheezy (penguin) toys.

The location is wheelchair accessible, beer and wine are available, as
are vegetarian options. Last time we each ordered a plate or two and
enjoyed the meal family-style sharing (with some adaptations for
dietary restrictions). We request that you bring cash to simplify
settling the bill, but they do accept Visa/Mastercard and they've been
willing to charge to separate cards in the past.

This will be following the monthly 6-7PM "Ubuntu Hour" at The Roastery
coffee shop right across the alley on the corner of Natoma and New
Montgomery, if you're interested in coming to that too (or you just
arrive early and want some company!) information is available here:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/612/detail/

Location details of Henry's Hunan courtesy of Rick Moen's announcement
email in November:

"Local street map:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/linux/bad/bad.2009-08-12.map.png

Directions below, adapted from Michael Paoli's, imply logical north,
logical south, etc., whereby Market runs east-west by convention.  (Deal.)

 From BART or MUNI Metro:
Exit Montgomery  station, south onto New Montgomery.  If unfamiliar with
the area, consult street map on the station wall.  Proceed south 1.5
blocks on New Montgomery, crossing Mission, turning left (east) onto
Natoma.  Henry's Hunan Restaurant is immediately on your left.

 From Transbay Terminal:
Exit Transbay Terminal west onto Mission.  If unfamiliar with the area,
consult street map on the station wall.  Proceed west across 2nd St.,
then 1/2 block to turn left (south) onto New Montgomery, then 1/2 block
to turn left (east) onto Natoma.  Henry's Hunan Restaurant is
immediately on your left.

 From CalTrain:
Transfer to BART at Milbrae, take any BART train that heads
through San Francisco, then follow BART or MUNI Metro directions.

Alternatively (about a 20 minute stroll), take CalTrain to CalTrain's
King St. San Francisco terminus, exiting north onto 4th Street.   If
unfamiliar with the area, consult street map on the station wall.  Go
north up 4th St. crossing Brannan, Bryant, Harrison, Folsom, and then turn
right (east) onto Howard.  Walk across 3rd St. to turn left (north) onto
New Montgomery, then 1/2 block to turn right (east) onto Natoma.  Henry's
Hunan Restaurant is immediately on your left.

 By car:
Your favourite route to South of Market.  Nearest freeway exits are
I-80 4th St. and I-280 6th St. or King St.  Parking is a little scarce
or in a paid garage.  (Pick one.)

Transit info:
http://www.511.org/
http://www.bart.gov/