Bay Area Debian meetings [was Re: Giveaway]

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Thu Mar 2 14:50:20 PST 2006

According to Sean Perry,
> Michael Cheselka wrote:
> >Is this group defunct?  Is the email list working? No
> >email since 12/31/05 - software broken by the new year?
> >

> we have slowly lost all of the actual Debian developers and work for
> many of us has been either iffy or hectic. I haven't been able to attend
> a BAD in some time. Couple that with the "no SF, no Berkeley, hey what
> about us South Bay people" and you get the classic Bay Area issues.
>
> Shotgun rules still apply. Call a meeting, see who shows up. If no one
> does, try choosing another location next time (-:
>
> I now work in Richmod and ride the BART to Fremont (home). Anywhere
> along the train is fair game for me. Berkeley being an obvious choice.

We've been having meetings almost every month except the
last couple.  Generally five or six people show up if it's
called a couple weeks ahead and close to BART.  Triple Rock
Brewery in Berkeley and Pacific Coast Brewing Co. in Oakland
have been popular (both close to BART, the latter at a major
BART intersection and with fairly easy parking).

South Bay would be cool too but no S Bayers seem to have
called meetings in forever.