ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, S.F. 2005-08-10

Mon, 8 Aug 2005 01:45:58 -0700

Mostly just a reminder, with a few bits of additional information.

RSVP suggested/appreciated (but not "required") - see a bit further below.

Also now available, local map to event (relatively to LinuxWorld and major
local transportation connections (440,487 bytes)):
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/linux/BAD/2005-08-10/map.png

And yes, Henry's Hunan Restaurant is very good, and it would seem they've
definitely gotten some fans of their menu ... may not be exceedingly current,
but this covers their menu* quite well:
http://kingofusagoestojapan.com/henrys/
*I think that may just be their lunch menu, I believe their dinner menu
has a bit more.

keysigning details, keyring, etc.:
https://www.biglumber.com/x/web?ev=36829

And the remaining details, as earlier, at this URL, or in the text below.
http://bad.debian.net/list/2005-July/002951.html

ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, S.F. 2005-08-10

We are going to Henry's Hunan Restaurant, in San Francisco, for the
August 10, 2005 BAD meeting, meeting will start at 7:00 P.M. PDT.

Details, etc.:

What: Bay Area Debian (BAD) meeting (keysignings, LinuxWorld visitors,
etc.) at Henry's Hunan Restaurant, 110 Natoma St., San Francisco
(excellent Hunan/Chinese food, reasonably priced, in evening typically
not too crowded and more menu selections (usually exceedingly
busy/crowded and shorter menu for weekday lunches) - a very popular
place in general)

When: starting at 7:00 P.M. PDT, August 10, 2005

Where:
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St.
San Francisco, CA  94105-3704
1-415-546-4999
Reservation is under "Bay Area Debian" (and also my name "Michael
Paoli")

RSVP? Not required or likely to be particularly critical, but if you
will or may come, dropping me an "RSVP yes" (or an RSVP (0-1]
probability) e-mail note would be appreciated, as it may help me advise
the restaurant to suitably arrange/reserve/adjust space/seating for us.

Location/Directions:
Henry's Hunan Restaurant (110 Natoma St.) is conveniently located in
San Francisco, a fairly short walk from the Montgomery St. BART and
MUNI underground station, is rather to quite close to several MUNI
lines, and is also a relatively short walk from the Transbay Terminal.
It's also rather conveniently close to the The Moscone Center, where
LinuxWorld will be including that day (LinuxWorld Birds-of-a-Feather
meetings conclude at 6:45 P.M. that evening).  Henry's Hunan
Restaurant, 110 Natoma St. is between New Montgomery and 2nd streets
(Natoma intersects those streets) and between Mission and Howard
streets (which run parallel to Natoma St.).

(the following directions are probably approximately 40 degrees off
from their true geographic angular direction, if you want something
more accurate, subtract 40 degrees from the North/South/East/West/etc.
directions given below, and that probably is then accurate to within +-
15 degrees or better).

>From BART or MUNI underground:
A) Go to Montgomery St. station, escape to street level, that should
put you on or exceedingly close to Market St.  If you're not already on
the South side of Market St. (where New Montgomery, and the numbered
(2nd, 3rd, etc.) streets are), cross to the South side of Market St.
Align yourself with 2nd St. or New Montgomery St. (if you find yourself
by Sansome, Sutter, or 1st streets, go West on Market to 2nd St., if
you find yourself by 3rd, Annie or Geary streets, go East on Market to
New Montgomery St.).
B) If you're by 2nd Street, go to the SouthWest corner of 2nd and
Market streets if you're not already there.  If you're by New
Montgomery St., go to the SouthEast corner of New Montgomery and Market
streets if you're not already there.
C) Then proceed South on either New Montgomery St. or 2nd Street until
you reach Natoma St.
D) When you're at Natoma St. and either New Montgomery St. or 2nd St.
respectively turn and go East or West on Natoma St. and proceed to
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, 110 Natoma St. (the sign is probably visible
from either of those corners anyway).  (Henry's does also have a rear
entrance/exit on Minna St., but that entrance/exit may not be open in
the evenings).
E) Reservation is under "Bay Area Debian" and also my name ("Michael
Paoli").  I, and BAD sign should be there not later than 7:00 P.M.  If
you happen to get there a bit early and beat me and my BAD sign in
arrival (I may not get there much before 7:00 P.M., due to LinuxWorld
Birds-of-a-Feather meetings schedules), feel free to check in with
restaurant host, seek out BAD folk(s) (if any others have already
arrived), and if table(s) are ready for us, feel free to be seated and
improvise and BAD sign and/or swirl until I arrive with my more
prepared sign.  (They do also have, of course, various appetizers and
beverages ... if I recall correctly among their appetizers, the "onion
cakes" are quite good, among other possibilities).

>From Transbay Terminal:
Exit Transbay Terminal to Mission St.,
Proceed West on Mission St. to and just across 2nd St. then follow
directions starting at C) from "From BART or MUNI underground" above.

>From Moscone Center / LinuxWorld:
Escape to Howard St. (runs between the main entrances of Moscone North
and Moscone South, and is also at South side of Moscone West),
Proceed East along the North side of Howard St. until you go across to
the East side of New Montgomery St.,
Then proceed North on New Montgomery St. until you're just across to
the North side of Natoma St. then follow directions starting at D) from
"From BART or MUNI underground" above.

And if you're, e.g. driving, remember to adjust the instructions
suitably to be legal (e.g. don't: make illegal turns, drive the wrong
way on a one-way street, drive on the sidewalk or take your motor
vehicle on BART, etc.).

http://www.511.org/
http://www.bart.gov/
http://www.mapsonus.com/

Note also that LinuxWorld runs August 8th-11th 2005.
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/
The August 10, 2005 LinuxWorld Birds-of-a-Feather meetings end at
6:45 P.M., and
Henry's Hunan Restaurant (110 Natoma St.)
is also a relatively short walk (a few longish blocks) from The
Moscone Center, where LinuxWorld will be.

Keysignings:
I'll post a follow-up item with some more details and will almost
certainly also set up an event keyring on biglumber.com