Shotgun rules, etc. [Re: Dec. meeting? [Alameda County Linux Journal December Meetup in two weeks!]]

Tony Godshall Tony Godshall <togo@of.net>
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:41:33 -0800

According to Rick Moen,
> Quoting Michael Paoli (mp@rawbw.com):
>
> > I think stuff on meetup.com might also have been set up as a
> > recurring event - so perhaps the meetup.com stuff is generating
> > periodic e-mails without event having been (or yet been) reconfirmed.
>
> Prior references to pages/listings on meetup.com were -=solely=- because
> there happened to then be a _Linux Journal_ "meetup" scheduled for the
> exact same time and place -- except that LJ meetups get auto-cancelled
> if not enough people RSVP.  Ergo, I suggested that, if people intended
> to come to that meeting to attend BAD, it would be neighbourly if they
> would also RSVP on the meetup.com site for the LJ meetup.
>
> I regret (in, well, at least a ritual sense) any lack of clarity.  (Er,
> well, to be honest I'm a bit astounded that the context wasn't clear to
> some, but I guess there we have it.)

Well, you probably know how dense I am from talking to me
personally last month.  But thanks for the very enjoyable
discussion.

I do recall asking specifically about the LJ-BAD connection
before the Nov. meeting but I do not recollect a response.
It's probably just my brain misfiring again.