[bad] Re: [bad] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD mtg WedJan14

Bill Kendrick nbs@sonic.net
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:48:16 -0800

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:21:01AM -0800, Hereon wrote:
> Perhaps you could not have the one this month, come join us in Berkeley,
> then, on Thursday call your meeting for February, and Mike could put it
> up on the BAD home page, and we could have a far-ahead scheduled meeting
> for February, so that people could plan way ahead.  :)

I admit, coming from outside the 'bay area proper,' that I appreciate
planned-ahead meetings.

Obviously, though, there needs to be a middle ground.  Too little notice
for me to make it down this week (I'm not very familiar with BAD's
schedule, if there's even a set "Nth Day-of-Week each month").

And obviously, the one that was called a long time ago was way too long
ago for me to remember.  Might've been nice to have had on the website
sooner, of course.

Then again, I'm the guy who, the same night a LUGOD meeting takes place,
goes home and updates the website to show the /next/ meeting. ;^)

I usually announce (e.g., to numerous local/remote LUG mailing lists,
various calendar websites, and newspaper/magazine contacts) events 2 weeks
in advance.

Then I announce again, more locally (unless I REALLY wanna pull tons of
people), a week in advance, if I remember.  Finally, I do it once more,
just to LUGOD's members (and maybe SacLUG and RoseLUG, since they're
about 30-45m away) a day or two in advance.

(Honestly, some meetings lately have had more people from out of town than
people who actually /live/ or go to school in Davis!  Crazy!)

Anyway, not sure if anyone here cares, but I thought I'd throw my 2c in.

I've got a much more interesting post or two to make in a moment. ;)

-bill!