Spam sorting (was Re: Install assistance needed in Berkeley area)

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:46:32 -0800

begin  Tony Godshall  quotation:
> No I just have to google around for or work out the procmail recipe
> (unless you want paste me a sample of yours to let lazy me crib of you).

	http://zork.net/wiki/MuttSetup

	That covers spam filtering as well as mailing lists.  I can
send you the mutt macros I use if you like, but that was outside the
scope of the tutorial.

> Say, any quick way to count the number of messages in a mbox file?
> Is  "grep -c '^From' file" sufficient?

	That may give you double.  I think you want "grep -c '^From '
to rule out "From:".  Proper MTAs/MDAs will add a > in front of
in-message "^From" stuff.  I will now hit return twice and type "From
drom brom"

>From drom brom

	Like that.

	-- Lewis Mumford